Article: 12 Communication Excellence Checklist Tips
By: Natalie R. Manor
There are the top 3 top complaints I hear every time I speak to people about creating effectiveness and confidence in their workplace. They say that the communication within their business and lives is not effective; the leadership needs help and the training is incomplete.
Well here is your checklist for communication that works every time. Print it and hang it up so you can see and be reminded of communication principles that work.
- Body language is 55% of your communicating – be engaging
- 39% of your communication is tone and pacing – use your inside voice, be kind
- Only 6% of your communication is words – choose them wisely
- Listen and be present – it indicates respect
- Stop doing what you are doing, put your phone down, look people in the eye when you speak
- Speak in a way that people can hear you
- Bring information that is timely and relevant
- Gossip is not necessary and it makes people suspicious of your motives
- Return calls immediately
- Respond eagerly to emails that need information
- Do what you say you are going to do when you say you are going to do it – accountability is everything
- Stop interrupting people no matter how important you think your information is…
“The most important thing in communication is to hear what is not being said.” – Peter Drucker
If you are interested, I have a paper listening test. I would be delighted to share with you so you know how well you are listening. Most people could easily improve their listening skills and should!! Send me an email and I will forward the listening test to you.
Let me know if you would like support with your communication skills; your team or you entire organization.
* * *
Natalie R. Manor, CEO, is a recognized leader in the field of executive development and specializes in working with emerging business leaders and senior executive clients from around the world to achieve leadership, communication and behavioral performance excellence. Manor and her organization NMA, Natalie Manor & Associates has successfully served a global client base since 1986 as recognized leaders in the field of performance development an expertise that consistently helps leaders maximize their potential and increase their productivity.
Copyright © by Natalie Manor. All Rights Reserved.
This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: “Written by Natalie R. Manor, CEO, author, business consultant, speaker and executive coach. NMA, Natalie Manor & Associates is your ultimate resource for leadership, communication and behavioral performance development for managers, leaders and executives to maximize your potential and increase your productivity. www.NatalieManor.com