One of my new coaching clients told me that she always intended to take the stairs; park a bit further from the office and to eat better. But when she finally decided to do something about her growing fat supply, she was shocked at the heavy breathing she experienced just climbing to her 3rd floor office.
“Natalie, I never saw it coming. I could not catch my breath enough to actually speak to someone in the hallway stairs. I was embarrassed, ashamed and mad as hell.”
So instead of a lecture ladies and gentlemen, here are several easy to adapt behaviors that will keep you from being mad for not making some changes “sooner” and for more easily shifting from not-so-active to changing your healthy behaviors.
And no, you type A personalities, you should not try to do all of these in the same day let alone the same week. Be good to you.
If you want to wear a bikini this summer and you are 75 lbs overweight, then be kind to you and your psyche. Figure out another bathing outfit, but begin to allow the body you want to emerge.
AND WE BEGIN:
- Hydrate all day long. Water, not coffee; 5 hour energy drinks; lattes; beer; W A T E R It helps you feel full; your skin will look great and your body will just feel better.
- Start taking vitamin C – I am not a doctor so this is not medical advice, it is nutritional advice, you do not store vitamin C and you run through fast…if stressed, you dump it out of your body at fast high rates.
- Take the stairs; park at the end of the mall lot and walk; stand up and move once an hour; roll your shoulders to unlock the monitor strain.
- Eat some walnuts – OMG they are good for you; energy; protein; natural fats.
- Set your alarm on your phone for 10:00am and 2:00pm and do 10 wall pushups – it is easy and it feels great (yes do this every day).
- Every time you go to the restroom, think of 10 things to be grateful for including toilet paper; running water; socks; a chair that works; windows that close…you get my drift – simple things that you are grateful for.
- Lots of people swear by yoga. So if you are not enrolled in a class, you can still have major benefits for your body by stretching several times a day AND especially when you get up and right before you go to bed.
- Last, but never ever least, breathing. If you don’t remember to do anything else for you, then remember to breath…deeply, and slowly and deeply and slowly and deeply. You get the idea.
I have a terrific video on YouTube on breathing. See, it is even freeeeeee.
Blessings. Stay warm. Stay well.